Three years ago today we became Arizonans! Quite honestly, it's really hard to believe it's been that long. I love living here, love the sunshine, love the warmer temperatures (even the summer mornings are quite pleasant if you get up early enough), love the friends we've made out here, love our annual trips to Michigan, so thankful for the good job God has provided for Matt out here.
The photo above is of us just after we crossed the state line on June 15, 2007. It's crazy to see how much the kids have grown since then! David has surpassed me in height, Marissa is up to my nose, and the younger three have grown like weeds since then, too. :)
Oh, and Naomi was just days from turning 3 when we moved out here. Now she is just days from turning 6 years old. She's been an Arizonan for half her life! Her memories of Michigan are strictly from our annual treks back to visit family & friends.
I looked back through my blog archives and found some fun links:
Announcing our upcoming move
Posts documenting the actual move:
Day One
Day One (take two!)
Day Two
Day Three
Day Four
Day Five
Day Six
And a post from just after we got here
"Things I've Learned Since Moving to Arizona" (written a couple weeks later--pretty humorous)
We're four days from heading back to Michigan on our annual family vacation, and I've got a lot to do, so I'll sign off for now. Enjoy your summer! :)
Announcing our upcoming move
Posts documenting the actual move:
Day One
Day One (take two!)
Day Two
Day Three
Day Four
Day Five
Day Six
And a post from just after we got here
"Things I've Learned Since Moving to Arizona" (written a couple weeks later--pretty humorous)
We're four days from heading back to Michigan on our annual family vacation, and I've got a lot to do, so I'll sign off for now. Enjoy your summer! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment