6.06.2007

Our Exciting (and rather shocking!) News


We have some news... and no, I'm not pregnant! Matt accepted a new job working as a social worker with dialysis patients in Arizona!! We are excited about this new adventure... and it really *will* be an adventure, I think! I don't know if you've ever been to Arizona, but it's a beautiful state in so many different ways than the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (where we currently reside) is, and we are excited about getting to know another bit of "God's country"!

We have had the idea of moving to Arizona tucked away in our minds for a long time, probably 15 years. Matt's parents spent their retirement years (and later died) in Arizona, and Matt's brother & his wife moved there in 1998. Matt & I visited his mom several times while she was still living, and the state just grew on us. :)

Matt accepted the job while we were on vacation, then we returned home and jumped straight into packing & getting ready for the move. We actually leave this Saturday, after Youth for Christ's Run for Youth. There is SO much more that needs to be done, it seems, but we are loading up the moving truck this evening with the aid of Youth for Christ and our church family up here. Tomorrow and Friday will be spent cleaning the house in preparation for renting it weekly as a vacation property, and of course those last-minute things that come up with any trip, let alone a BIG move!

Well, that's about all I should take time for now, since I have to finish packing before people come at 6:00 tonight! I don't expect to post more until after we get settled, which is also a prayer request... we don't have a house lined up yet. We're trying to connect with rental agencies/realtors now so we can view a lot of places once we're there & get into one as quickly as possible. Matt's new job starts with paperwork on Monday the 18th and orientation on the 19th.

If you think of it, please pray for us... the packing, the loading of the truck, the getting ready of our house, our emotional stability (!), etc. We do appreciate it SO much!! :)


I've been taking a fair amount of digital photos of this whole experience, and here are a few for you to see... they will get larger if you click on them.


"The J Brothers" (Jesse & Joshua) came down for the day, dressed alike, and I just had to take a photo of them in front of "packing central", the dining room table.


Our next door neighbors were gracious enough to offer their garage for us to store our packed boxes in, since we have no garage. This photo is from last week sometime, and there are LOTS more boxes in there now!!


Matt holding Jasper, our *very* pregnant cat! We wanted her to have kittens, but the timing of this is pretty crazy! She is due today or tomorrow... just in time to load up and head to Arizona! We're praying this won't be an issue for landlords!


My brother Dean & his wife, Lisa, came with their four kids this past weekend. They were supposed to come the 4th of July week, but we asked them if they could come a month early. They helped *so* much!! Lights are installed, door handles were put in, and I had some very attentive help from Lisa with packing the kitchen and folding laundry, doing dishes, etc. (not to mention the moral support!).

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Traveling Mercies as you go forth! I look forward to hearing all about it when you get settled. Make sure you send along your contact information. Hey, you'll be renting your house in Mqt.? Does anyone have it for August 23-27? That's our 7th anniversary and we'd love to rent your place if it's available.

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

I had also thought of coming up to help, but would've had to come without Nathan and with all the kids, so I decided it might be better if we didn't. I'm so glad to hear that Dean and Lisa did, and that they were able to help!