4.10.2008

The boys' room

Well, I just finished sewing the boys' room curtains the other night. It took me longer to get them done, partially because the fabric isn't as "cute" as the girls' fabric is... and also because this fabric is much thicker & harder to work with. And I guess having four curtains to sew slowed me up a bit, too, rather than only having to make two for the girls' one window.

In any case, I thought you'd like to see the room as it is now, with the new curtains...


but still without any decorations.

Also, check out our FreeCycle bunkbed... Matt rigged a way to put the younger boys' twin beds on the bottom bunk, so all three boys can sleep in the bunkbed. There's not a lot of floor space in the room, so this works out nicely. :)



And it seems that a couple of "before" photos are in order, too, since this room looks so drastically different than it did when we bought the house. (the room was painted black & blue when we first saw it...)



What do you think??

1 comment:

Roberta said...

Black and blue!! Yikes...sounds like a bruise!!
I really like the color you painted the boys room, and I LOVE the striped curtains.
You are the freecycle Queen!!! Great bunkbed. I've been watching Craigslist for bunkbeds. Adam may just try to make some, incorporating the headboards that girls already have.