2.19.2008

The Girls' Room

Here is what the girls' room looks like now. We'll be adding a few decorations to the walls and re-painting the dresser drawer fronts (the dresser was left in their room by the previous owners). But for now, you can see it's looking pretty cozy in there. :)

You can also see that the curtains are done and hanging at the window (it's hard to see, but the fabric has colorful butterflies & flowers on it). I had a few technical difficulties with my sewing machine, which I hadn't used for many months. But once I got that straightened out, things went smoothly & quickly. We got them hung just in time for the girls to head to bed last night. :)

I lined the curtains with a cream-colored fabric so they're more opaque and hopefully less see-through (we live on a corner and everyone can see that window as they drive by). Also, from the outside everything will look more uniform. (Who wants to see the back side of a print, anyway?)

The kids & I picked out fabric for the boys' room curtains this morning. I'm hoping to get those sewn today. I'll post a photo when they're done & hanging in their room.

3 comments:

Ed & Dottie said...

Loved getting to see the girls'room. Does look cozy. Marissa & Naomi should have good dreams in that room & they should as they are so sweet. Love You Much, :)Mom & Grandma

Roberta said...

Well done, the curtains are lovely. :)
That dresser goes well with the wood colors of both their beds. What a find...and what a location to find it. ;)

Unknown said...

Amy (& family)!

I was just rummaging through some paperwork and I came across your blog address... so I have spent the last 30 minutes reading and smiling at pictures of the Wall's.
We would love to catch up with you guys sometime soon. It looks like you have had some great changes over the past year.
All the best - Sid