6.05.2012

well, that's one way to get a good deal.

In our Financial Peace University class, there was a lesson a few weeks back entitled, "That's not good enough!".  In it, Dave Ramsey talks about how to get really good deals on things.  So I thought when I called to get the cable and internet set up at our Beach House that I'd see if I could get them to waive the installation fee.  Because I know that cable companies offer free installation promotions from time to time.



When I told the salesperson that I'd like the fee waived, he said they couldn't do that, but they could do it for $25.  I said that would be good (feeling somewhat guilty for not saying, "That's not good enough!"), and thought at least I'd gotten a pretty good deal over the regular price of $50.

Installation was set up for yesterday, from 1 to 5 p.m.  I had been told I would receive a call 30 minutes before their arrival time.  Someone had to be present for the installation, so I had a friend lined up to go to the house once they called me.  

Only problem is, I never got a call.

So this morning I did an online chat with customer service.  Turns out that the tech couldn't find the house, said there wasn't one with that house number, and cancelled my installation.  Cancelled the whole order, in fact.  All without calling me!  I had to go through the whole process again to get the service and installation ordered.

Needless to say, this time, I got the installation for free.  :)

1 comment:

Becky Dempsey said...

I guess that works! And $25 saved is $25 saved :)