7.10.2012

home sweet home.

We just got back from Michigan last Thursday.  

It was... 
fun
tiring
relaxing
exhausting
social
loud
quiet
beautiful
productive
amazing.

Matt & I snuck out for a few sunrises on the beach during our time in Marquette.  :)

Despite the words that contradict one another, really, all of those things were quite true.  We had a lot of family visiting time... think, "How many family gatherings can we possibly cram into six days?" and you'll have an idea of what I'm talking about.  I joked that our family in Michigan probably took a collective sigh of relief once we stepped onto the plane for Arizona.  We totally disrupted their normal life for those days we were there!

We had a very enjoyable and busy (with work on the house) time up at the Beach House in Marquette. Wow, are there ever some amazingly wide open huge views up there!  We have 2 acres of partially wooded property, right on the beach at Lake Superior.  We can see both sunrises and sunsets from the property, and the difference between here in our subdivision and the place up there is striking.  I kind of didn't want to leave.  

But it's always so good to be home.  Ah, yes. :)  We are home.  At least most of us are.  David & Marissa are still in Michigan until this Thursday.

And I honestly don't know where to start as far as deciding which pics to post.  There are SO many of them!

No comments: