6.04.2012

the countdown is on!

Nine days from now, right at this moment, we'll be on a train somewhere between Chicago and Grand Rapids, Michigan.  Yea!! :)

So I'm working my way through the revised almost-time-to-go-on-vacation "to-do" list.  And I've been getting everything lined up at the Beach House for our first guests, who arrive this Friday.  Last Friday, I opened up reservations for Summer 2013, and we've had several inquiries already.  I've been working out the details for our downstate Michigan vacation time, so that each family member we want to see knows what we're up to and they won't have to wonder when they get to see us.  Oh, yeah, and I'm still working my way through the mending pile. :)

And today, I couldn't help myself.  I brought the suitcases in from the garage and started packing.  We aim to pack as light as possible.  I'm talking about four of those cute little wheeled carry-ons, plus a few "personal" bags, like purses and laptop bags.  It helps with our sanity as we travel with seven people to have as few bags as possible (especially since we'll be flying, taking the el and then Amtrak on the way there).  We've been packing like this for years, whether going for three days or three weeks.  We just do lots of laundry and hit the thrift stores if we need more long-sleeved stuff, as we often do when in the Upper Peninsula in June. :)

So.  I know it doesn't really take 9 days to pack, but... I couldn't help myself. :)

So anyway, that's some of what's going on around here these days.  Every day, at any given time, I might be heard to say, "In nine days, we'll be in... (insert city/form of transportation on the way to Grand Rapids, depending what time of the day it is right then)."  I guess it might be kind of annoying if it weren't for the fact that everybody else is as excited as I am to go on our trip to Michigan.

No comments: