5.08.2012

our happy anniversary.

We celebrated 22 years of marriage on Saturday the fifth! :) 

The day I became Matt's wife. :)  May 5, 1990.


Matt had taken Thursday & Friday off from work, so by the time Saturday came along, we felt like we were on vacation!  A very good feeling indeed. :)

David had to work, but the rest of us hopped in the van and made a day of it.  We went to our favorite Goodwill (it was half-off day) and got a *lot* of really great items.  It's always interesting when you thrift shop, because you might have some ideas of what you need, clothing-wise, but it's all hit or miss as to what the store has when you happen to be there.  

Well, I hit the jackpot on Saturday!  (Please feel free to skip this paragraph if you don't want to hear the details.)  

I got: 
two dresses ($4.99 each)
two skirts ($2.49 each)
a blouse ($2.49)
a tank top for layering ($1.98)
a pair of J. Crew shorts ($2.98)
a pair of brand new Minnetonka shoes ($4.99)!!  

We found clothing for others in the family, as well, and a couple of household items we needed.  The thing I absolutely love about having found this particular Goodwill (aka: my favorite boutique) is that I have so many more great things to wear now!  When I look in my dresser or closet, I feel rich.  Before, I mainly relied on garage sales for clothing... but my wardrobe was pretty sparse and most of those things didn't fit quite right or look good on me.  I didn't like to spend money on clothing for me.

But that is all different now... I've got so many pretty things that look good on me and didn't make a big dent in the finances, either.  It's pretty much a win-win situation.  And a blessing I am most grateful for. :)

 So it was a family-ish sort of day, spent enjoying exploring the Valley together.

Jesse & Mario at the electronics store


Joshua holding a chick at the feed store we visited

Naomi with a little chick

The two of us with the pepper plant we bought at the feed store, and the kids hanging out on the John Deere tractor behind us.  Always refreshing to find a little bit of country in the midst of the city. :)


Once we got home, we left David & Marissa in charge and went out for dinner.  

David kept inserting himself into the before-date pictures, with the supermoon in the background.  He was in a silly, silly mood!

There.  Just the two of us, with the (much-hyped, slightly disappointing) supermoon just behind my head there.  (I was wearing one of my new dresses, but you can't see it here.)

Matt brought me to the Cheesecake Factory, and we enjoyed our time out on the patio with the supermoon in the sky above us.  And I just have to say that the coffee and cheesecake were *very* delicious!  (Thanks, Mom & Dad, for the anniversary check, which helped pay for our date!)


Mango Key Lime Cheesecake & (decaf) coffee... yum! :)

Me next to the movie poster of Avengers, after we'd decided not to see it.

After dinner, we contemplated seeing The Avengers--were even standing at the theater looking at the showtimes--but decided against it when we realized we wouldn't be getting home until 2:00 a.m. if we watched it.  Matt gave me a hard time about "being old" because I was the one who made that call.  Haha, I'm not old... I just can't stay up as late as I used to and function properly the next day! :)

We had a great day. :)  I am so very blessed to be Matt's wife, and it's amazing to me that we've been married more than half my life so far!  God is good.  :)

No comments: