Remember a few weeks back, how I said I was going to look up some verses about God's love for us? Well, here they are.
As I said before, I struggle a lot with what others think of me. I think that the efforts I've made to get my art business up & running have really accentuated that. I have this deep-seated fear that people will look at my art and think, well... she's *kind of* good, but I can't believe she thinks she's good enough to *sell* her art! I guess in some ways that's a good thing, because it's forced me to wrestle with this area in my life that I sort of vaguely knew was an issue and to cry out to God for help in dealing with it.
Anyway, I had a very emotional day earlier this month filled with tears, reading God's Word, listening to praise music, focusing on God's love for me. And that is the day that I looked up these verses.
But I didn't bother to post them here until I was reminded this morning that I need to focus on God's opinion of me, not other people's. Today I read some words that I interpreted as hurtful. Maybe those words were intended to hurt me, maybe not--honestly, I don't know. But I can't dwell on it, because it won't help and it really doesn't matter, because God loves me unconditionally. Whether or not everybody likes me and/or my art.
| Spending some time in His Word this morning. :) |
Okay, so I said there were encouraging verses. Without further ado, here they are. (I'm not sure what translation they're all in... I found them online in a flurry of needing God's encouragement. So you can look them up in your preferred translation if you like, but here they are.)
Being confident of this, that he who began a good work
in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. ~Phil 1:6
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. ~Ephesians 2:10
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. ~Ephesians 2:10
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. ~John 15:16
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, lest any man should boast. ~Ephesians 2:8
Cast all your cares on Him, because He cares for you. ~1 Peter 5:7
My peace I give to you. ~John 14:27
He comforts us when we are in trouble, so that we can share that same comfort with others. ~2 Corinthians 1:4
You are my fortress, my place of safety; you are my God, and I trust you. ~Psalm 91:2
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything; you may have an abundance for every good deed. ~2 Corinthians 9:8
So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. ~Matthew 6:34
These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world. ~John 16:33
Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. ~Isaiah 41:10
Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path. ~Psalm 119:105
Ask, and it will be given to you. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. ~Matthew 7:7-8
And this is our confidence, that if we pray according to His will, He will hear us, and give us what we ask for, because our desires are in agreement with His thoughts for us. ~1 John 5:14-15
Yahweh is close to all who call on Him—to all who call on Him in truth. He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him: He will hear their cry and save them. ~Psalm 145:18-19
Come to Me, all you who are weary and weighed down with heavy burdens,
and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me; for I
am gentle and humble in spirit. Indeed, you will surely find rest in
Me! My yoke is easy, and My burden is light. ~Matthew 11:28-30
Those who sow in tears will reap a harvest of joy; for though they may weep while going forth to plant their seed, if they persevere, they will undoubtedly return rejoicing—bringing their sheaves with them. ~Psalms 126:5-6
I have told you these things so that you would find comfort in Me. In this world, you will suffer; but be courageous, for I have overcome the world! ~John 16:33
You have put gladness in my heart, more than in the season that
their grain and wine increased. ~Psalm 4:7
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world
gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. ~John 14:27
The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in
mercy. He will not always strive with us, nor will He keep His anger forever. He has not
dealt with us according to our sins, nor punished us according to our iniquities. ~Psalm 103:8-10
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may
obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. ~Hebrews 4:16
My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from
Him. ~Psalm 62:5
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and
supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of
God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ
Jesus. ~Philippians 4:6-7
| Some loveliness from our back yard a few weeks ago. |
Aren't you *glad* He loves you? I sure am! :)




1 comment:
You sure had a lot of nice verses. I too have had a time of feeling bad over something that was said that hurt my feelings just recently. But with God's help I am dealing with it. Love Ya, :)
Mom
Post a Comment