6.09.2011

hello.

On Sunday, we checked out an Asian grocery store we'd been hearing about for quite a while.  It was such a cultural experience... we were almost the only white people in the store. :)  Lots of different cultures there, and we bought quite a bit of food for a good price.  I was impressed by the good prices and interesting foods in their produce section.  It was amazing how they had food arranged by region, so we found curry in three different aisles and bought a bit of each.  Now we get to find out which one we like best.

Three different kinds of curry to try.  :)


Here's the first try.  On Tuesday I whipped up a recipe I found randomly in a magazine I'd just checked out from the library.  Thai Chicken.  The curry I used (the middle one in the photo above) wasn't particularly spicy, but still... Yum! :)

Thai Chicken and rice noodles.  It was pretty good! :)

In other news around here, David got his driver's license last week.  It's such a surreal experience to have him driving himself (and Marissa) places where I used to have to drop him/them off.  Makes me realize just how soon he will be off on his own. Wow!

And I guess that's about it for now.  Hope all is well in your part of the world!

No comments: