3.25.2011

problem solved.

When I was growing up, we had a couple of those cool "Grandma's house" sorts of metal chairs for kids to sit on.  I always thought it would be really cool to have one, if we ever had another child and/or for future grandkids.  So a year or two ago, I found one at a garage sale and gave it a quick spray of green paint to match our kitchen/living room area.

Over time, look what happened to the corner of the wall behind it!  :(

You can't see it very well here, but the drywall is nicked by the back of the stool.

The close-up shows it better.


I thought what it needed was a cover to protect the wall, so I crocheted one for it.  Today I finished, and here it is.  :)  So now, we have to repair that drywall but at least the problem won't be getting worse.  And it kind of adds a little bit of style to the area, too.  :)

I've never seen anything like this before, but here it is.  :)

The lighting's not so great but if you click on the photo, it will get larger.

3 comments:

Ed & Dottie said...

I love the chairs "jacket" does add to it.

Becky Dempsey said...

It looks good.

The J's said...

very well done!!