3.24.2011

spring at our house.

Zoe on "her" wicker couch in our back yard, with our neighbor Cheryl's house in the background.  Zoe really thinks this couch is hers, although I had to work pretty hard at convincing her I wanted her to sit in it when I was out there!  She kept trying to hop off while I was taking photos of her.  I told her, "Wait" and then she stayed in place.  :)

Our grapefruit tree has recovered nicely from the frosts we had this winter.  Soon we'll see lots of blooms and the promise of many grapefruit next winter.  This year we had about 2 dozen... maybe a little less.  Next year, there should be more!  Can't wait. :)

Fig leaves, up close.  The purple figs this tree will have this summer are the *best* fresh from the vine (nothing quite like fresh figs... not at all like dried ones!)... our other tree has ones that taste great in jam.  :)

No comments: