1.04.2011

Crochet Projects

Quite a while back, I posted a few things I'd been making.  Well, I hadn't been able to post my latest crochet creations because they were gifts.  But with Christmas behind us, they are fair game for posting today.

Three of the purses I crocheted for our nieces.

And three more... after I took these photos, I made another two purses.  But the camera battery was dead when I had to get them out in the mail to make it in time for Christmas.  

I have a few other projects I'm working on, too.  I'm making this and this for Marissa.  I just need her input on the yarns & colors.  I'm doing one of the twisty scarves in red for myself... would have been great for Christmas, but there just wasn't enough time to get it all done.  Oh, and I found both those patterns on this really great crocheting blog I found recently, Tangled Happy.  If you crochet, it's awfully addicting.  Don't say I didn't warn you.

That's all for today.  Happy day to you all, whoever happens to be reading!  :)

4 comments:

Mieal Deneb said...

Amy, Anna loves her purse! Thanks so much. :) You got the colors perfect too, because she LOVES pink! Whenever she sees something pink, she automatically thinks she should have it(even the pink hammers at Menard's!!). The boys love the little cars you gave them too. Benjamin enjoys the fact that you got him an ORANGE car! ;)

Love,

Rachel

Amy :) said...

I thought she must like pink, since that's the color that dominates her bedroom. :) And I just had a feeling that Benjamin might like the orange car!! :) Glad to hear they all liked their gifts... they weren't much but it was fun to send something along to the Michigan cousins. :)

We love you guys and are *so* thankful for your carbon monoxide detector saving your lives the other day!! :)

Becky Dempsey said...

The twirly swirly scarf is like the snake bookmarks we used to make as kids!

Amy :) said...

Becky, they really do remind me of those bookworms quite a bit. But much, much longer and with more rows! :)

I used to love making those bookworms so much... it was my introduction to crocheting with the help of my 4th grade teacher, Miss Fierlik, so they will always have a fond place in my heart.