1.05.2011

An Extension of the Birthday Celebration

We've been a bit old-fashioned on waiting a while for having our girls get their ears pierced.  Matt & I talked it over and decided last month that on her birthday, we'd tell Marissa that she could get her ears pierced if she wanted.

So last night we went to Claire's in the mall and she got her ears pierced.  She's pretty excited about it.  Little sister Naomi was so excited about the whole thing, you'd have thought she was the one getting her ears pierced.  She did ask, but we told her she has to wait until she's older.  :)

Anyway, here's a couple shots of the whole momentous occasion.

This was taken right on the "click" of ear piercing #2.  Believe it or not, I managed to click the camera at the exact moment each ear was pierced!  I said to the girl that she probably has lots of photography while she pierces ears, and she said, "Oh, yes!" and remarked on how I'd gotten the photos right when the piercings happened.  :)

Getting the ears disinfected after the piercings were done.

And a back at home, somewhat thoughtful look.  (Really, she's holding her head that way so we can see her lovely earring better.)  We paid a tiny bit more for the sparkly ones versus the plain metal ones that she didn't like. :) 

So that's part two of the birthday celebration.  Today, Marissa & I head out to get the yarns for the gifts I'm crocheting for her...  "Toasty Mitts" (wrist warmers), and "Swirly Twirly Scarf".  After we do school, of course... should be fun!  :)

1 comment:

Becky Dempsey said...

Sarah thought it was cool that Marissa got her ears pierced,too. We could have gotten plain silver balls for $10, but got the sparkly butterflies with a matching necklace for $15.