1.03.2011

SNOW!

We've had a little cold snap here lately, and are just now coming out of it.  But I had to mention that last Thursday, we had snow here in the Valley of the Sun! :)

I had noticed a couple of Facebook remarks about it, but it was 50 degrees in our town, so I figured it wouldn't happen here.  We had blustery coldness that felt colder than that, but I didn't think it would snow.


That afternoon, I ran out to do a couple errands, and as I heard the song "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" come on the radio (really!), I noticed white flakes of snow falling all around the Suburban.  It was such a surreal experience... I couldn't believe my eyes.  This just doesn't happen here.

I called the kids, back at home, and yelled into the answering machine, "Hey guys, it's SNOWING!!"  I felt so bad they weren't with me... they were so disappointed that it didn't snow at our house and that they missed the snow altogether.

But I saw snow.  It was here in the Valley of the Sun.  It melted as soon as it touched anything, but it was fun while it lasted. 

No comments: