10.27.2010

I finally caved in...

Ever since Marissa & I donated hair to Locks of Love three weeks ago, Naomi has been begging to have her hair cut, too.  Yesterday I finally caved, and you can see from the photos that she was so excited to have her hair cut short. :)

"Before"

"After"
This is the length that she had been wearing her hair for years, because every time I cut the boys' hair she wanted a haircut, too.  Last year, she decided she wanted long hair like Marissa and I had, so she let it grow out quite a bit.  But, after Marissa & I donated our hair, she had no desire to keep hers long anymore.

One really nice thing about Naomi's hair being shorter is that she is able to comb through it much easier.  Always before, it involved lots of tears as I brushed out the hidden tangles.  

I think her hair looks cute this length, but what makes it look even cuter are the dazzling smiles I see peeking out from the fringe of hair.  She *loves* her new haircut!  :)

4 comments:

Becky Dempsey said...

Sarah is like that, too. She'll want me to cut it and then wants to let it grow (like after this summer being around Marissa with long hair!) We are currently in a "growing it out" phase.

Becky Dempsey said...

I guess, I forgot to say, "Naomi's hair is cute!"

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

Cute haircut!

Sydney & I have both been thinking of cutting ours. I go in phases, too. :)

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

OK, I cut mine. It is about jaw length.