This fall, as I work hard on doing school with the kids during the weekdays, I'm finding that my "creative juices" have been flowing on the weekends.
I thought I'd post a few of the results here today...
 |
| Naomi with the purse I made her out of the legs of a pair of her jeans that got a hole in the knee. And the lining/handle fabric was left over from the quilts I made for our Marquette house. (Sept. 24-25) |
 |
| It's a bit blurry, but you can sort of see the magnetic closure & zipper I took out of her worn-out purse to use in this one. She loves it! :) |
 |
| My project October 15-16, a purse made out of the pockets from a pair of men's cargo shorts. The purple fabric was left over from the quilts I made this June. And the little flower on the front? Well, that is covering a stain I couldn't get out! (The button was from the shorts, too.) :) |
 |
| Inside, I have a pocket for my cell phone, and on the front is a pocket the *perfect* size for my Financial Peace University cash envelope system! :) And the top zipper was from the fly of the shorts. I've been using this purse for a couple weeks now, and I *love* it. Just the perfect size for me, with a place for everything I need. And it works so well with our cash envelope system! :) |
 |
| This one's not done yet, but this is the project I started on Oct. 23. I had to stop because I ran out of yellow & red acrylic paints. But the ones I ordered on amazon.com are here, so I can finish up my painting, hopefully this week. :) |
 |
| And this is my project from last weekend, a crocheted baby sweater for a woman at church expecting her second son later this month. It was fun to make, and it came together quickly. :) (Which is a good thing, since I started it about 10:00 Friday evening and needed it for the shower at 1:30 Saturday afternoon!) |
I'm thinking my project this week will be to finish that painting I started and to hopefully start on another. I'm hoping to sell some of my art to help us pay off debt more quickly. We'll see how that goes... :)
2 comments:
So the little financial system thing in the front pocket... Is that a book with pockets or something? I wish a cash system would work for us...
Yep, it's a little book that has pockets with flaps over the top and a plastic zip-top compartment for change.
I never thought we could do a cash system either, but we've been doing it for just over a month now! And it's *really* working. But it won't work unless both of you are on the same page with that.
We have some bills that come out of our checking account automatically, and some that we send checks for. Everything else like food, gasoline, "blow money", clothing, toiletries, pet supplies, etc. comes out in cash.
Then, as the things come out of our account (I keep track via online banking), I highlight them on our Excel spreadsheet budget to keep track of it.
It is so cool to work together like this. We rarely use our debit cards anymore. :)
Post a Comment