skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Just a quick hello :)
It's been several weeks since I've posted, so I thought I'd just say hello to anyone who actually is out there reading my blog.Hello.
Okay, really, I'll post a little more than that... here's what's been happening around here lately...School is tracking along well. We've been at it for something like 8 or 9 weeks now. It's simply amazing to me how quickly time flies that way. We're learning pretty amazing stuff, and I am thankful to be homeschooling my kids. I really enjoy their company so much... we have the greatest conversations about life in general, sprinkled in amongst the academic stuff.
I cannot believe tomorrow is October! I am very much looking forward to it, because that's the month when our temperatures are finally low enough to enjoy being outside during the day. We've been having some higher-than-normal temps here lately, with several record-breakers, so everyone is ready for some more typical fall weather here. It's feeling pretty nice in the early morning or late evenings, when the sun isn't high in the sky, but soon it will be *really* nice.
We just started a new Financial Peace University class at a nearby church, and we are really excited about working hard at getting out of debt. We took our first class in 2007, and made some huge changes and paid off a fair amount of debt. But sometime in the past couple of years, we lost our momentum, so it's good to get back into it again. A week ago today, we went to see Dave Ramsey live in Phoenix, and that was a good "kick-start" to our renewed commitment to work on our finances. I plugged the numbers into our budget and we've been working hard at sticking with it this past week. One day at a time...
Along that line, we've been selling stuff this week. I have sold a lot of curriculum we're not using on ebay, with more auctions closing this afternoon.
On Craig's List, I sold a random trailer tire we had here and our un-matching tires (on matching rims) that came with our Suburban. I sold the center caps for those rims separately on ebay. And yesterday, I was able to take the money from the tires and plug it straight toward our credit card debt. An extra $140 paid off... ka-ching! :)
Somebody ran into our van in the parking lot at Matt's work last week! :( We are going to get estimates and may end up buying a "new" door at a junkyard and just fixing it ourselves, since our insurance has a $500 deductible. It's hard to believe somebody would run into a car and not try to contact the owner. :( But, thankfully, it still runs... that door is just pretty difficult to close tightly.
Just took Zoe (the dog) in for her spay surgery this morning... thanks to the curriculum selling, we could pay for it! She is such a great, loving (and yes, energetic!) dog... a great part of the family. But, wow! When she sees other dogs, she goes *crazy* wanting to play with them!! She barked constantly and would not pay any attention to me trying to calm her down. I couldn't fill out the paperwork until the man at the mobile clinic took her inside for me... I think everyone thought she was vicious. Wow. We really have to work on her socialization skills!
Our 8-month renters are moved into our Marquette house, so that's a great blessing to us. We are super excited to have people in there over the winter, and to have someone else paying the gas and snow removal bills this winter, as well. :)So, God is good and He is taking care of us as He always does. I am excited to see what He does over this fall and winter. :)
2 comments:
That is crazy someone put that big of a dent in the door and didn't do anything about it!! I read the post at Mom's since we did a joint garage sale this weekend and I forgot to comment when I got home until now!
Apparently a pretty high percentage of drivers in Arizona don't have car insurance, even though it is required by law.
Where Matt's clinic is, there is a DES office (for gov't assistance), too, so I would imagine there's a lot of uninsured folks pulling in and out of that parking lot.
Post a Comment