5.22.2009

I went through withdrawal this week...


from caffeine, that is. I had gone quite a few years as a "decaf girl" through six pregnancies & nursing our babies. I always figured since I was "off" caffeine that I'd never take it up again. Well, sometime in the past year or so I got hooked on it again. Iced coffee especially was my new addiction.
A week ago, I decided it was time to get off caffeine once more.

So I thought I might get headaches or something, but I didn't really think it over much. On Monday & Tuesday, I felt washed out, with low blood pressure (thanks to my friend Suze--studying to be a nurse practitioner--for figuring that one out!), and a terrible headache. I did a quick search online and discovered I probably was going through caffeine withdrawal.
Now I feel better again, and when I get those familiar longings for coffee, I just remind myself of the headache I had.
Yuck.

2 comments:

Ed & Dottie said...

When I read this one out loud to Dad he said "I wonder if she is pregnant is why she is dropping caffine. Love Ya, :)Mom

Amy :) said...

Nope, Mom. I'm not pregnant. :)