5.05.2009

Today is our 19th anniversary!

May 5, 2009

These past few days, I just can't stop thinking about it all...

how God brought us together,
our wedding,
the many things God has carried us through together,
all the blessings He's given us,
how much I love Matt and am *so* thankful for him.

Words don't seem to be enough to express how I'm feeling!
I can only begin to imagine what it will be like in 40 or 50 years. Wow... what a blessing it is to be married to my best friend! :)

Next year, we'll have been married for half my life! It's funny looking back on it all, remembering how "grown up" I felt at the time. (Matt was 24 and I was 20.) Now I look back on the photos and realize how young I was! (Because, really, I feel young now, 19 years later...)

But I knew Matt was the one for me, and I couldn't imagine spending the rest of my life without him. So, it was the right time to get married. And I am SO glad that we did!! :)


May 5, 1990 Just for fun, here is a photo of us right after the pastor introduced us as "Mr. & Mrs." for the first time. I think I look a bit excited, don't you?

Here's a link to some thoughts I posted about our anniversary a year ago. (The link wasn't working, but I've just fixed it...)


5 comments:

Ed & Dottie said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys. The time sure has gone fast but yet I can remember well the getting ready for the wedding like it was yesterday. Love to you both & a wish for many many more happy years. We have 40 & it seems like only a start. Love, Dad & Mom

Becky Dempsey said...

I hope that you had a great anniversary. I was thinking about you yesterday, but didn't get to wish you a Happy Anniversary. 19 years! That means 19 years ago I was a senior in high school. It doesn't seem like that long, but then I remember we've been married almost 11 yrs!

love,
Becky

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

I remember being at your wedding. It seems like it was one of the first I'd been to, and it was all so *romantic*!!!

Then I got married only 6 years later. :)

Happy Anniversary!

Judy said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!(sorry 3 days late)
I love looking at other's wedding photos. Definetly early 90's---I can relate and got married in 1/92. Hope you had a great day.

Mieal Deneb said...

I hope you guys had a great anniversary! I remember how "old" you seemed when you were getting married. Little did I know I would be almost 8 years older than that when I myself got married! :) Next year will be a fun milestone with 20! Congrats you guys, and many more years of happiness to you both.

Love,

Rachel