Here's a fun story about our interior doors...
One Sunday after church, we were driving around some new construction going in just west of us. Next to a dumpster, obviously waiting to be disposed of, was a white interior door. We brought it home, and it turns out that our front door at the new house is a 6-panel door, just like the one we'd found! We'd found a matching door without even realizing it. So I knew what style to order when it was the right time. :)
Above is a photo of the new doors, propped up in our living room last night, after we picked them up & Matt painted them. It's kind of silly, but I am really excited about those doors!
Well, maybe the following photos will help you understand why. :)
If you click on the photos, you can see them larger.
This was the upstairs hall closet door...
and this was the girls' room door...
I think we've made an improvement, don't you?? :)




2 comments:
That is a neat story about the doors. We like the new ones a lot better than the old ones. They sure did make a mess of the doors. It is fun to hear your stories of how things are going for you & the new place. Love Ya, :)Dad & Mom
oh vey, it all I have to say. At first i was going to comment that it wasn't silly to be excited about doors when you have that many people in the house! But, then after seeing the doors, I can see more incentive to getting doors. Guess whoever was supposed to "vacuum" that day wasn't in the mood, so they put holes in the door? Is that what people always do when they lose their home? I guess if it makes you feel better, although I don't know why one would take it so personally, it's not like people want to take homes from people unable to pay mortgage.
Post a Comment