Jesse ran through the house, pulling up plastic and laughing. I thought to myself that I doubt he'd be more excited if we'd taken him to Disneyland!
I have discovered that Joshua is very good at screwing things in... and it's been fun to see his cheerful offers of help. :)
It's *so* nice to see three intact windows in there instead of the broken, cracked mess that we found when we first saw the house! :)
Here they are when they came to drop off Joshua. They gave Jesse a cap that was given to them at the theater, so he's looking pretty happy, too. :)
David was Matt's "apprentice", learning how to put the hinges on & install doors in the doorways, because he wanted to do the boys' room door by himself. He did, and also helped Marissa with the girls' room door. They really enjoyed helping. :)
It looks *so* great having the doors in! It really gives the house a nice, finished feel. :)
--------
Today, I'll be doing a few miscellaneous things, but the main focus will be sanding kitchen cabinet doors. The goal is to stain the cabinets & doors before we move our kitchen things into the house later this week.
Pastor Wayne (who has helped quite a bit already) has volunteered the youth group's help with moving boxes Thursday evening. I believe I'll be cleaning the rental house on Friday. Then our friends Dan & Laura (very helpful assistants) have lined up help from their Bible study group, as well as a truck & trailer for Saturday morning. We'll have helpers from our church, too, I'm sure.
It's all happening in five days, on Joshua's 7th birthday! He's really excited that moving day is on his birthday. :)




4 comments:
Hi! I've been following your progress and I'm excited with you!
At first I was a little jealous, too, because I want a house! But I think we may have found one and we are offering on it tonight. It is just PERFECT for our family! Now we'll just see if God thinks it's perfect, too! :)
Wish we were there to help...we sure would!
Heidi
Oh, Heidi!
That's exciting! Where is the house you're hoping to buy? How was your offer received... or when will you find out?
We look forward to hearing more!
Amy :)
It's looking like a whole new house!
And from your other comment...did you seriously use 25 gallons of paint? That is ALOT of paint!
Hi Roberta,
Yes, it really *is* looking like a whole new house! It's pretty fun to see that the work we've done has made such a big difference. :)
Yes, we really *did* use 25 gallons of paint!! We painted all the walls & ceilings in the house. We used a sprayer, which is much faster, but I think it also uses more paint. I guess that's the price we paid for getting it done more quickly!
Last night, we moved several minivan loads of things to the new house. Our board game/book/curriculum closet is empty... I get such a satisfying feeling looking into that empty closet! :)
I have to get going so I can sand doors... I had to balance our checkbook first, one of my not-so-favorite jobs!
Bye for now~
Amy :)
Post a Comment