
So we had a slow start to winter this season. But after last week's storm, it looks like it normally does at this time of year! All the schools were cancelled last Friday due to the storm, which doesn't affect our kids since we homeschool. But, Matt gets a snow day when the local school has one, so we always listen in close when there's a snowstorm, just like kids in school do! It was fun having Matt home, and I took a few shots when he was snowblowing our loonnnggg driveway. He snowblowed twice on Friday and it still needed it on Saturday!

The first photo is from our kitchen window (see the lace curtain?). You can see our "new" 1993 EuroVan we just got on ebay, facing you, though you
really can't see it for all the snow on it! In the background is our 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan which is officially for sale now (we're selling it to get out of the debt on it and have paid-for vehicles only)
The second photo is from our living room picture window, facing the lake. Don't think we'll be eating meals on the deck for a while yet, huh?
4 comments:
The snow is so pretty. We're having lots of fun skiing and all, but I must admit I'm getting ready for spring. We're getting a teaser of warm weather this week, but more snow is on the way for the weekend. It's almost March 18. I hope it will be a sweet time of remembering for you. We will have a party for our Abigail, who shares Jessica's birthday if I remember correctly.
Love to all of you,
Julie
Julie,
We're having warmer weather this week, too, and I'm SO loving it... it feels like spring is on the way! But I know realistically that winter *isn't* over yet. Still, I know the snow we get from here on out won't be here long, so I'm still excited! :)
It's so sweet of you to think of Jessica this week. :) Thanks for remembering her. She would have been 12 this Saturday... hard to imagine! I remember when Abigail was born, that you called me to tell me she was born on Jessica's birthday. It's a special day, and we usually have cake & ice cream in honor of her. I have photos in a scrapbook of when your family, the Krolls and the Evans were at our home in Ann Arbor on what would have been her 2nd birthday. I'm glad you were all there with us to remember her life!
Enjoy celebrating your own sweet girl's birthday this Saturday! I know Marissa is enjoying being her "pen & email pal"!
Amy :)
WOW!!! Such beautiful snow!!!
I did not realize this week would have been Jessica's 12th birthday. I will be remembering you in my thoughts and prayers.
Roberta,
Thanks! I'm hoping to post a bit about her birth later this week. Jessica's birth is the only one of our six that I haven't written out. And I'm gonna try to see if I can get a photo from her birth-day scanned at Matt's office to post, too... we shall see. :)
Amy :)
Post a Comment