
We had a good February.
Joshua is 6 years old now! He was born on a Friday, and this year his birthday fell on a Friday, the first time since he was born, so that was fun. :) We had a free pass to the local children's museum that allowed entry for us and another family (of 7, too!). The photo above is from the room they have permanently decorated for parties. After dinner, we headed home for our small group, and then we had cake & ice cream and a couple gifts afterwards. He had a great day!
We started attending a local class of
Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University, which is very good. He has "baby steps" for us to work on, including having an emergency fund in place, getting out of debt, and living on a budget. It's a challenge, but one we are excited about. :)

We bought a "new" vehicle on ebay, a Volkswagen EuroVan, which we have always thought were cool-looking vehicles (this photo is from the ebay listing). The plan is to sell our Dodge Grand Caravan, and then use what we're paying on it to save up for our next vehicle, which we will buy with cash. The VW is 10 years older than the Dodge and is bigger, with a larger towing capacity (good for our pop-up camper). We all like it. :) The kids' seats face one another, which they think is
very cool. Last week, Matt drove some youth home in the EuroVan after work, and they kept saying, "This is SO cool!"
That sums up our February in a nutshell. Hope your winter is going great, too! :)
6 comments:
Sweet ride Amy! We're a VW family now too. an '88 Wolfsburg Vanagon (the weekender edition). We love it. Of course, yours probably goes faster than 55 and gets better gas mileage, I'm sure...I'm just happy I don't have to sleep on the ground anymore when we camp:)
P.S. Just thought I should clarify that I wasn't attempting to say that your van is at all a camper type van, I know yours isn't a camper van, I was just posting that we're both VW VANish families:)
Hey Jodi,
How cool that you guys have a Vanagon! :) I can totally imagine you guys with a VW van. I'm still getting used to driving ours... it feels so much bigger than a minivan and drives differently, too!
That's cool that yours is a camper van. We got a pop-up camper last spring and *really* enjoy camping that way. Looking forward to more camping adventures this year when it's a bit warmer out!
Thanks for stopping in... it was fun to hear from you!
I know what you mean. Our vanagon is really old and has a bunch of leaking tubes, etc. One of the leaks is in the power steering:) And the vanagons are flat fronted so it feels like I'm driving a bus! I love it though. When we come up for Hiawatha this summer we're hoping to have all our mechanical mishaps fixed so we can bring it.
The 5 year old I babysit loves sitting in the "jump" seat (the ones that face the bench in the back.
We have been dreaming about our camping adventures we'll be taking with our TWO girls this summer.
Say hi to Matt for me.
I LOVE you Eurovan! This is my dream vehicle...not coveting though. ;)
My husband had a green'76 poptop camper bus when we married. Fun memories with it, the Gulf and San Juan Islands, buckling our first baby into the back and surrounding him with a kazillion blankets as we had no heat. Having to jump out, on a hill, reach into the engine area in the back to "spark" something and then run to jump in as my husband started driving... while pregant. LOL Those were some crazy memories!!!
Unfortunatley someone hit and totalled it one morning. Thankfully Adam wasn't hurt, but we had to say good-bye to the bus.
Enjoy your new wheels...being debt-free is an awesome goal. God bless you guys in the process.
Hmmm... I'm hoping Jodi's & Roberta's VW van stories aren't indicative of how our VW experience is going to be!!! We're praying it runs well and isn't expensive to fix when it needs it! :)
Post a Comment