I am in the middle of a break from visiting other people's blogs in February and somewhat of a break from blogging myself (except for this entry). I was feeling a lot of self-induced guilt about not getting "enough" done. Matt correctly surmised it might be from reading other homeschooling moms' blogs, many of which talk about their systems for getting everything done. While these are very helpful, it can also induce a fair amount of "I'm not doing this right!" feelings in me. So he suggested that I take a month off from reading other people's blogs. It actually feels good. :)
I also spent a bit of time re-reading parts of Deb Pearl's book Created to Be His Help-Meet, which is about being the wife God created me to be. While I'm not sure the entire book is "the" way to do things, I did find it helpful to revisit the idea of being a better wife for Matt, from the inside out, because everything comes from the heart. I think he's enjoying the difference, and I *know* I am. :)
I've also been taking walks on the beach, with the idea that I needed to get some exercise. But I've discovered that when I'm out by myself, I talk to God. A *very* good side effect, I think! :) I'm really liking it, and the fresh air does me a lot of good, too!
"Murders in the Marquee" by Dana Mentink
5 days ago




3 comments:
Organization, order, exercise, being a good wife! Wow....
I've been contemplating exercising, too! :)
Very wise!
I have found that inspiration and potential do not productivity make. :)
I have been around the blogosphere less as well...my husband has encouraged me not to let it go completely, he knows me well.
Ah, yes. I'm trying hard to not be online nearly as much and spend my time focusing more directly on the kids & their school. So I guess I really shouldn't be online in the morning!!
Post a Comment