4.11.2012

before & after.

Just thought I'd post one of my "before" & "after" T-shirt makeovers from last week.  Since acquiring several ladies' cut T-shirts in our Goodwill ventures, I've decided I really like that cut & feel in a T-shirt.

I took a look in my dresser last week & figured I should be able to make over my unisex T-shirts.  So I pulled out my sewing machine and got to work. :)

Here.  You can see for yourself the first one I did. (Never mind the basket of laundry on the bed behind me.  Didn't "stage" this photo like I often do.)

Before.  Not too bad, but I wanted it to be a little more feminine. :)

After.  Overall, I would say the makeover was a success.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what did you do to the tee shirt?

Amy :) said...

Hello Anonymous,

Um, well... I was hoping it was a little more obvious than it is what I did to the shirt. :(

But, since it's not quite as obvious as I'd hoped... basically, I took one of my more shapely, ladies cut t-shirts and used it as a pattern.

I took in the sides, making them more curved so they fit more closely. Cut a scooped armhole on each side. Cut the sleeves into a more triangular shape like the "ladies cut" t-shirts. And reset the sleeves into the new sleeve holes.

I totally didn't think to take progress pics, so hopefully the description helps some.

:)

Anonymous said...

Ok I was sort of thinking on some of those things but it is rather hard to see it all in the picture. I noticed the difference in the sleeves. Mom