I've been rather quiet on here of late, but it's not because things are bad or that anything is wrong right now. In fact, it's quite the opposite. I've been working on being more disciplined in the areas of the kids' school, household odds & ends, and vacation rental and art business-related things. The last two weeks have been rather pleasant that way.
Here's a random sampling of photos from life around here lately...
 |
| My breakfast a week or so ago |
 |
| Spinach & chickpea curry with chapati bread |
 |
| Whose feet are whose?? |
 |
| David & Matt volunteering at a Jars of Clay concert on Saturday night. |
 |
| Went to see our friend Sarah in a horse show. She let Naomi ride Bravo back to the trailer. |
 |
| We have been badly in need of better couches for a while. Matt & I found this great vintage one at an auction a few days ago for $35! Here, Naomi takes a nap on it... guess it's pretty comfy. :) |
 |
| Marissa made this beautiful bookmark for her poetry book the other day. |
 |
| Roses in January. Simply amazing. :) |
 |
| My latest painting, and what I was painting. |
 |
| I'm quite pleased with it. :) |
 |
| An idea I've had in my mind for several months for a painting, finally put down on paper. |
We're currently battling a bit of the "blahs" around here as Matt is a bit sick but still off to work, and I feel slightly "off" but not quite full-on "sick". I'm just blah enough to not get much done, and just well enough to feel guilty about it. Not such a great place to be, so today I'm trying to get a few things done and get some rest, too. We'll see how that goes...
3 comments:
thanks for the update on your blog---so fun to see the pictures and read your thots! Love you all!
I like the fishes and bread painting idea. It reminds me of a painting I did in college. My watercolor instructor brought in 3 dead fish and had us paint them. I was repulsed by the idea and I really could NOT motivate myself to paint dead fish! But then, the idea of the fishes and loaves jumped into my head and it turned out to be one of my best watercolor paintings ever!!
Love,
Rachel
Rachel, I would *love* to see what your loaves & fishes watercolor painting looks like! :) I really need to finish the painting that's been sitting in my kitchen for the last week & a half so I can move on to the loaves & fishes one!
Post a Comment