11.21.2011

my first sale!

My booth this last time.  (Every time I post a new booth photo, I think... how many of these can my readers stand??)
Well, as you may already know, I've been going to this art fair in Scottsdale for the last four Thursday evenings.  I'd been telling myself it was alright that I hadn't made any sales, because every time I... loaded up in mid-afternoon, drove across the Valley, unloaded, set up, spent the evening there, tore down, loaded up, drove across the Valley to get home just before midnight... I was getting good practice for the "right" venue/s which hopefully would come along sometime.

Well, last Thursday, I had my first sale EVER!! :)  It just happened, sort of quietly, and without a lot of fuss (other than struggling for 5-10 minutes to remember my password so I could accept their credit card!).  The cool thing was that a friend who came with her kids to see me at the art fair got to witness the whole thing.  It was a tiny sale, just a small print for $18, but it's a start, so I'm pretty happy about that.  :)

I applied & got into our city's Arts & Crafts Festival coming up here soon, so I'm also happy about that.  Which I guess means I need to get some more paintings going, as well as get some prints made so I'm ready for that and my last ArtBridge.

2 comments:

Becky Dempsey said...

Yay for a sale and for getting into the arts and crafts fair

Mieal Deneb said...

Congratulations on the sale! When I was in college, my boss in the design center saw my wood block prints of the Velveteen Rabbit in the printmaking class hanging to dry and asked if she could buy a couple of them as baby shower gifts! I was so delighted, so I can imagine how you must feel! Your hard work is starting to pay off! :)

Rachel