Since I have an art blog, I'm never quite sure if I should post here about my art ventures or not. I guess I'll just post my art stuff from time to time and hopefully you won't mind! :)
![]() |
| Did this painting last Wednesday... another 10" x 10" one. :) |
I went to my first art fair last week. Actually, it was a bit more like an arts & crafts fair, with only one or two fine artists from what I could tell. The venue was beautiful, in downtown Scottsdale, near hotels, a mall, and other shops. Beforehand, I had quite a few errands to run to get ready for the art fair, so I didn't get out of town until a full hour after I had planned to leave, and then I didn't take the exit I was supposed to take. So that meant I had to deal with rush hour traffic. In Phoenix. Not a pretty sight.
![]() |
| The painting I was working on during the art fair last Thursday |
Anyway, long story short, we got there about when the event started and set up as quickly as we could. Later, I noticed that my canopy was sitting askew in my spot, and I thought how funny that must have looked to people.
![]() |
| Matt & me at the art fair last week. Please forgive the graininess... our camera died, and the iPod Touch doesn't do nighttime photos very well. :( |
So I didn't sell anything, but I did have folks come up and admire my painting that I was working on. A couple people asked for my business card. I wasn't sure if I should give this venue another shot or not, but Matt thought it was worth a try. So yesterday, I became a sponsoring artist of the event (which gets me a better deal on booth space), and signed up for the next four weeks! (also gets me a lower priced booth fee)
![]() |
| I finished this one yesterday... it's the one I started at the art fair last week. Another 10" x 10" painting. :) |








No comments:
Post a Comment