8.09.2011

hello.

I haven't been posting much lately.  Truth be told, I've been pretty stressed out this summer.  It's embarrassing to admit it, but there it is, for what it's worth.

I do recognize that that's not a good place to be, and I that I need to keep bringing my stresses to God.  Because He's big enough to keep me from worrying *and* to take care of my concerns.

I was *so* excited when our new cleaning person, Jenny, sent me this photo.  She put her son to work, and now there are flowers instead of weeds in our flower beds! :)

Managing the vacation rental this summer has been very, very challenging... the toughest one yet.  Between cleaning issues, hiring and re-hiring people, plumbing problems, and guest complaints, I have been MAJORLY stressing over that this summer.  But I think things are beginning to smooth out now. :)


My latest painting, inspired by a doodle Marissa did a few weeks ago.  It was fun to do something cheerful, just for something different.  I had the reference for this verse engraved inside Matt's wedding band before we got married.  :)

In the art world, after being rejected to two juried art fairs this summer, I think I have found some non-juried possibilities close by.  Non-juried also means cheaper, which is always a plus.  :)  The one I'm eyeing up starts in October and goes through the peak tourist season, every Thursday evening.  I can decide which ones I want to be a part of and pay accordingly.  Hopefully some tourists will like my art.  :)

Here they are... all five students in our little home school.  :)

School started today in our house.  This year we have grades 2, 3, 5, 10 and 12... David's last year of home school.  Wow.

Our Michigan vacation is now less than two months away.  Yea!! :)  We will be taking Amtrak again, and are looking forward to seeing family & friends on our annual pilgrimage to our former home state.  We should be at our Marquette house in time for full fall colors.  Ahhh...  :)

Guess that's about it.  Hope your August is going great! :)

1 comment:

Mieal Deneb said...

I really like that painting Amy! It's so cute, colorful, and cheerful, but most of all, so true!

Rachel