7.22.2011

art fair stuff.

I just applied late last night to two art fairs here in Arizona, and am now waiting to hear if I've been accepted.  I am getting excited, but at the same time trying to prepare myself for rejection.  It's a strange balance.  I keep telling myself to just make more art and realize that not every juror is going to like my stuff, and that I shouldn't get discouraged if/when I get rejection notices.  Easier said than done, I'm afraid, and I might be experiencing it firsthand here soon.

Anyway, yesterday I set up my art display in our backyard so I could take the required booth shot for both art fair applications.  It was a lot of fun to put it all together, and it feels exciting and more real than ever now.  Sort of like now I'm a real artist because I have this beautiful display.  (Kind of silly thinking, I know.)

Okay.  On to the obligatory photos.  There are quite a few... I hope you don't mind.  :)

Yesterday morning at 9:26.  It was already 96 degrees out and I was just starting to get my display all set up.  (I got SO sweaty out there!)

My art display setting-up helper, Jesse.  He was EXTREMELY helpful, opening doors, Velcro-ing panels together, helping set up the canopy, etc.  And all with such a cheerful attitude to boot.  :)

The display all set up, without art.  Jesse & I ran to Home Depot to get art hanging supplies after this.

My afternoon helper, Naomi.  She helped put the hanging wires on the backs of my paintings and get them all hung in the display.

I just have to say how much FUN it was to arrange and rearrange the art with the cool Velcro hooks I got as part of my all-inclusive art display we bought on Sunday.  If I didn't like where something was, just a quick "zip, zip" and a replacing of the hooks and there it was.  Nice. :)

A quick self-portrait with both of us from the iPod Touch.  Love that thing! :)

And this is the photo I used for "booth shot" in my art fair applications.  Hopefully they'll all LOVE it and my art and beg me to come to their festivals!  We shall see...

Oh, and I ordered my banner for the front of my art display.  It took a couple tries on the part of the printer, but I really love it!  Hope it gets here soon.

That's pretty much what my banner will look like, only *lots* bigger.  Ten feet wide, one foot deep, just the right size for the front of my canopy.  I got it for an awesome price on ebay, about half of anything I found anywhere else online.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure dislike this blog for letting me comment. I had a long comment ready but then it wouldn't let me post it or something. Try again. I like your pictures of setting up the panels & then putting the art on them. I think your paintings are great, will pray they do too.