5.19.2011

first debt snowball payment, post-credit cards!

So today is the much-anticipated Pay Day, and I've been sitting here paying bills online.  And, this time 'round, instead of paying the credit card payment, I was able to plop that money right down onto the student loan balance.  Yea!!!  :)  That more than doubles the usual monthly payment we've been making for the past six years.  Even without any additional "gazelle intensity" and extra payments, that would make a huge difference over time in how long it will take to pay it off.

David was laughing at me as I did my little happy, ridiculous, arms-waving-in-the-air-thing as I clicked on the buttons to make that payment.  Okay, I may be silly, but that student loan debt is GOING DOWN!!

Tomorrow is "Debt-Free Friday" on the Dave Ramsey show, and I usually tune in to hear a few "We're debt free!!!" screams.  Always helps with the motivation.  :)

1 comment:

Ed & Dottie said...

Good for you guys, you are doing well on getting debit free. Keep going.