3.09.2010

A quick hello

Lately, I've been working on keeping myself off the internet until we're done with school for the day. That might seem kind of basic, but now that we have DSL, whenever I'd come upstairs to change loads of laundry, it would be so easy to just sneak a peek at the computer and see if anybody had said anything interesting on Facebook or in an email.

It's such a temptation for me, to waste time like that. So I'm in the process of developing the new habit of going online *before* school, just for a little while, then waiting 'til after we're done to go back online again. Just when I think I'm doing well, I have a day where I waste time again. I'm a work in progress. :)

I love the things the kids & I are learning together in school. British history, pre-Civil War history, Scotland's struggle to stay free (William Wallace), Ivanhoe and King Arthur, etc, etc, etc. I am so thankful to be learning all these things with them! :)

Oh, and the photo of Naomi doesn't really have anything to do with this post. I just thought I should add a photo, and had this cute photo I took of her the other day. :)

Goodbye for now!

1 comment:

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

I love love love the pic of the kids at the top!
Yes, having fast internet can be a problem, as well as a blessing. I know what you mean about being a work in process... me, too, with other stuff. :)