6.22.2009

Our Michigan trip :)


In case you were wondering, David & Marissa made it safely to Michigan last Thursday evening. (That's a photo my parents took as they met them at the airport in Detroit.) They are having a great time hanging out with Grandpa & Grandma. I believe my mom has taught crafty girl Marissa to do counted cross-stitch, and she's hard at work making a gift for someone. And David has been great at calling us to chat and update us on their days.


Well, I have a lot to do this afternoon, so I'd better get going!


Today my "to-do" list includes:


  • bake bread for sandwiches on the train (in oven at the moment)

  • make trail mix (done & waiting on counter)

  • hard-boil eggs for trip (done & waiting in fridge)

  • cut bell peppers for trip

  • make curtains for sailboat-themed bedroom at Beach House

  • make pillowcases for six tiny pillows I constructed from "HUGE" pillows bought at Wal-Mart (these will make sleeping in our seats on Amtrak hopefully more comfortable)--(I'm starting this project once I get offline)

  • laundry (well on its way)

  • pack (the "J Brothers" are all packed, the rest of us are partially there)

  • make list for our friend Bev for while we're gone (almost done)

  • buy Ziploc bags for our snacks & OJ for trip (happening after nap)

  • go to library to print out guest notebook pages for Beach House (after the kids have their nap)

Did you notice that "post on blog" wasn't on the list? Since that's the case, I'd better get offline and make sure the kids are lying down quietly for nap/quiet time. They could use it after all the excitement yesterday!


Bye for now!

No comments: