Naomi was *so* excited to start Kindergarten! It was fun to see her coloring her first page, the fifth time one of our children have done that very page--the first time being 10 1/2 years ago. Kind of a wild feeling. I love that A Beka Kindergarten curriculum! :)
I remember when my sister Becky was a Kindergarten teacher in a Christian school, wondering at how Kindergarteners could learn to write in cursive. It really works, though, and it's always fun to see how impressed people are when they see someone that age writing in cursive! :)
When we went to the curriculum display to order the books earlier this month, Jesse saw the samples and thought we were going to take them home that day. So he was especially looking forward to having his own copy!
And Joshua was pretty happy about moving into the next book, too! He has improved so much in the past few months with his reading. It's like the proverbial "lightbulb" went off for him. I love it!
One of the cool things about homeschooling is that we set our school calendar. We can take breaks throughout the traditional "school year" as we see fit, and then we can go through the summer, if we like. This year, we are stopping the Ambleside Online curriculum for the summer but continuing on with language arts, phonics and math. This will give me some time to regroup and collect the various books we need for Ambleside before we start back up with that in August, when the public schools here start back up again.




1 comment:
I really liked the A Beka Kindergarten program, too! I was doubtful, too, before I taught that first class about Kindergartners learning to read, tell time, write in cursive, etc. But they really can! Sarah is really excited about being in Kindergarten, too. I love it when we're in the store and she says, "we're in aisle 5", or "There are 2 n's in that word."
Post a Comment