4.07.2009

Thankful

I'm feeling thankful today...

Thankful for Matt... on May 5, it will be 19 years since I became his wife. :)


Thankful for the children God has blessed us with, and our little backyard here...


... Jesse & Naomi bathing one of her babies.


... David & Joshua weeding the vegetable garden.


.... Joshua & Jesse checking out a ladybug by our lettuces.



Thankful for our new wicker "freebies" found by a curb last Saturday.


Thankful for a working washine machine, our "new" Maytag--$50 on Craig's List. (Our old one stopped working last Thursday.)


And, during Easter week, I can't help but reflect on how thankful I am that God came to Earth as a human so that I could be saved from my sin.

Thank you, Jesus! :)



3 comments:

Mieal Deneb said...

God IS awesome, isn't He?! That image depicting Jesus on the cross is a powerful one. I always choke up when I think too deeply about what Christ did for us on that cross, bearing the pain, the shame, and the ultimate: God turning His face away...all for us.

There's a song that Michael W. Smith sing on one of his worship albums and we sometimes sing it in church: "Above All". Whenever we start to sing it, I have to go out of the sanctuary because I always end up crying. I just KNOW they're going to have us sing it again on Easter Sunday.

There truly is so much to be thankful for! God is great. :)

Rachel

Amy :) said...

Rachel,

Thanks for your comment... it was so great to hear your thoughts on thankfulness & what Jesus did for us. :)

That's cool that "Above All" hits you like that. Sometimes it'll hit me during church what Jesus went through for us, and I end up crying, too. There's not a particular song that does it to me, though, so it's mostly random.

Your sis,
Amy :)

Ed & Dottie said...

We love all your thankful things but God's gift of Jesus' death is by far the greatest that is for sure. What would life be like with out that promise of every lasting life in Heaven. Love seeing pictures of your back yard even more now that we have been there & seen what it is like.