
This is the view of our house this morning. See, there's our '99 Suburban we got at auction 3 weeks ago. And there's our "new" pop-up camper we bought this week. :)
We got a "smoking hot" deal, as I like to say, on the camper. We've been keeping our eyes open for quite a while and found it on Craig's List.
We drove to the opposite side of the Valley Tuesday night to get it, since we knew it would be snatched up if we didn't. It was a *late* night by the time we drove there, bought the camper, and got back home. Ridiculously late.
The camper is a few years older than our Skamper was, and doesn't have the dining area slide-out, but it reminds us a lot of the Skamper just the same. It's an early 90s Jayco in good shape, and only needs a little bit of canvas repair. Oh, and it's paid for, too. :)
We're *really* excited to get out pop-up camping again!




6 comments:
Okay, I have to admit. I am a little jealous right now. I would like either one of your new toys.
Judy,
I'm sorry... didn't mean to make you jealous! We've been wanting a Suburban for a very long time, and we got this one for a great price.
It's certainly not in pristine shape. It was seized by Border Patrol, after all...
It has dents, scratches in the windshield & hood, the front doors don't open from the inside, and there are a couple other things we need to fix.
But, it was a good deal and it's paid for! I love having it. :)
The camper, well, that was a great find. We've been looking and looking, and thought about buying a serious fixer-upper a couple months back. But we decided to hold off and I'm SO glad we did!
Hope all is well with you...
Amy :)
You sure have been hitting the good bargins, God has been blessing you richly. Love Ya, Mom
Congrats on your new toy! Have a Happy Easter
Where are you going to be able to park the camper? Doesn't seem like it would be too handy to have it in front of a car spot in the garage. Love, Mom
Mom,
You have a good point there. At the moment, our old washing machine is in the garage, and the camper is in the driveway so we could clean it.
The plan is to get rid of the old washer today. Tonight we'll fold up the camper and park it in the garage.
Once we sell the EuroVan, we can park the Dodge in the garage and we'll only have the Suburban in the driveway.
I really like being able to park both vehicles in the garage, but the benefits of having the camper make it worth taking up half the garage. :)
Post a Comment