Today I found this really, really cool website, which may be my new addiction. There are inspiring home tours on this site, with photos from people's homes around the world. The decorating in these homes has personality, a bit of uniqueness or quirkiness to them, that appeals to me. A lot of the women who sent in their photos are as addicted to Goodwill-Freecycle-Craig's List-garage sale shopping as I am. :)
I had kind of slowed down with the decorating here in our house, so this was just the boost I needed! I have so many great ideas floating around in my mind now. And I was reminded of some great ideas I'd already had but just hadn't done yet. It's funny, but I can totally picture our house on that website. :)
I showed Marissa the website, too, and she caught the vision. We went into the kids' rooms and talked about ideas I have for both rooms. I hung up a couple items we had gotten at Goodwill, and then she started organizing her stuff. Hmmm... those kids' rooms sure have a lot of potential!
These photos were taken from opposite directions (one in the kitchen, the other in the living room), of our house's main floor today. We're not quite done with the kitchen yet, but it's looking better lately. I'll have to post more photos as my ideas take shape. :)
Good-night and pleasant dreams to you...




3 comments:
It's so nice to feel like you've got a lot done!
I liked seeing the pictures of your house again. I see your cupboards are still waiting for their doors. Love ya, :)
Mom
Yep, Mom, the cupboard doors still aren't on!
We're actually contemplating only putting the bottom row doors on, and leaving the top cupboards open like they are now. I have grown to like them that way, and think I'd miss the openness if we put the doors on.
The crazy thing is, I finished sanding the bottom doors on Thanksgiving weekend. So, we just need to do a touch-up sanding on the cabinets, put the finish on and reattached the doors.
Maybe before you get here... :)
Post a Comment