9.29.2008

Tomorrow is the day...

...the day for my cheilectomy surgery on my left big toe, that is. Matt is taking the day off and his brother Mark is coming over to hang out with the kids. I can't eat anything after midnight tonight (I'll be eating something filling tonight about 11:45!). We have to be there at 10:00 tomorrow morning for my 11:30 surgery. It's an outpatient surgery, so we'll be home by mid-afternoon, I'm guessing.

From what I've read online, the first 2-3 days are the worst, pain-wise. So I'll make sure to take whatever pain medication they prescribe--even if I think I don't need it--just to be on the safe side!! I'll be "out of commission" for several days, I do believe. But as soon as I'm able, I'll post to tell you how it all went.


Some things to pray for:
  • For the surgery to go well & for me not to be nervous (I know it's a basic surgery, but still...)
  • That the kids will work hard on their schoolwork while Mark is here
  • That the kids will be quiet & not hurt Mark's ears (his hearing aid magnifies *all* sound)
  • For my pain level to be low & the recovery to be quick!

When I had my brain surgery, I posted four or five very specific prayer requests on my CaringBridge website. It was so cool afterwards to review them & to see how God answered those exact requests! He is so awesome, and He wants us to bring our requests to Him!

So if you think of it, I would *love* to have you praying for us tomorrow!

THANKS!!!

2 comments:

Judy said...

You can count on me to pray.

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

We'll be praying specifically! Hope it goes well....sorry I didn't remember when I talked to you on the phone yesterday! (I was a bit busy) :)

Let us know!!!