Just wanted to quickly let you know that my surgery went really well today. I decided to stay awake for the surgery, and was really glad I did. I didn't have to wait to wake up afterwards or feel groggy. :) The doctor said my bone spur was huge, and that there was some cartilage damage, but not too bad.
They gave me a nerve block to help with pain for several hours afterwards, and I am starting to feel it wearing off. Not too bad, but we'll see how it gets later on. It mostly feels kind of achy inside my foot, which still is mostly numb. I have a special shoe to wear whenever I walk, and crutches to help me out at first. I'm sure you can imagine that the crutches are quite the novelty with the kids!
We will see the doctor Friday morning, and they'll change the dressing and take new x-rays to see how things look after the surgery. Oh, and I have started taking Tylenol with Codeine to help with pain, when it really kicks in.
That's all for now! Thanks for praying!!
They gave me a nerve block to help with pain for several hours afterwards, and I am starting to feel it wearing off. Not too bad, but we'll see how it gets later on. It mostly feels kind of achy inside my foot, which still is mostly numb. I have a special shoe to wear whenever I walk, and crutches to help me out at first. I'm sure you can imagine that the crutches are quite the novelty with the kids!
We will see the doctor Friday morning, and they'll change the dressing and take new x-rays to see how things look after the surgery. Oh, and I have started taking Tylenol with Codeine to help with pain, when it really kicks in.
That's all for now! Thanks for praying!!




3 comments:
Glad to hear it went well. I prayed for you here and there throughout the day. Now you get some rest : )
Glad your surgery went well! I will continue praying for your recovery.
I am glad your surgery went well. And I guess the kids didn't wreck my dad's ears, be/c I talked to him today and Ben even got to recite the Pledge of Allegiance to him on the phone. wink, wink ;)
Post a Comment