8.28.2008

Odds & ends

Nothing profound today. Just thought you might like to see a few photos of life around here lately. :)


Acrobats!



A friend from church, Katrina, reading to Jesse & Joshua
when she was at our house on Monday evening.



I found this photo on our camera's memory card, and I attribute it to David. Apparently, we have a setting to take photos in black & white! I like how this photo of Joshua turned out. :)



Look what dropped onto Matt's head as he left one of his clinics the other day! He brought it home in his (empty) coffee mug, and it's been here since. It *loves* live crickets, of which we seem to have an abundance wandering into our house lately. But if the crickets are too big, it won't even try to catch them!



I love this photo because this smile is so David.



We are doing a Charlotte Mason style education this year, and she was big into daily nature walks. Here, David & Marissa sit with their nature notebooks at our neighborhood park. One of the things I love about living here is that something is always in bloom!

7 comments:

Ed & Dottie said...

I love the photos of the kids. The lizzard is cute. What kind is he/she? Love Ya, :)
Mom

Amy :) said...

Hi Mom!

Do you know, I haven't looked up what kind of lizard that is! We think it's pretty interesting that its tail is blue, and the rest of its body is more of a typical "lizardy" color.

The Gruenwald Family said...

Amy, We really miss you guys! I commented on your message about Barak Obama. Thanks for posting your pro-life thoughts!

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

While I waited for the pictures to come up I was trying to guess what might have fallen on Matt's head. I'm glad it was a lizard and not a spider!
You haven't looked it up? What a good way to teach your kids about something they are already interested in. That is sort of the basis of CM, right? Have fun with it!
Thanks for all the pics. Its nice to keep in touch this way!

Amy :) said...

Heidi,

Yeah, yeah, I know.... I'm looking it up right now to see what type of lizard we have. :) On Sunday, we got another (very different) lizard from the yard at church. Its tail fell off before we got home, though! :(

I'll comment again when I figure it out...

Amy

Amy :) said...

Okay, after looking online just now, I think we may have identified our first lizard (the one in this post) as a New Mexico Whiptail. Here's the link: http://www.reptilesofaz.com/Lizards-Subpages/h-a-neomexicana.html

The only thing is that it isn't supposed to live in this low an elevation or this part of Arizona. So I doubt it's really this particular lizard, but some type of whiptail.

Anyway, thought you might like to know!

Amy :)

Amy :) said...

Lizard update: it's a juvenile Tiger Whiptail. I emailed the man who put together the previously mentioned website, and he identified it for us. Here's the link: http://www.reptilesofaz.com/Lizards-Subpages/h-a-tigris.html

The reason I couldn't identify it before was that I was looking at the main photos. Since the adult of this species doesn't have a blue tail, I wasn't clicking on it and didn't see the young one with the blue tail!

Cool, huh?