Last night, Michelle Obama spoke and then their beautiful girls came up on stage and talked to their dad, who was in Kansas City at the time, via satellite. It was a time that probably touched a lot of people's hearts.
I must admit, I'm finding that it's hard *not* to like Barack Obama. He's young, with a beautiful wife & daughters, and he seems so pleasant and likeable. Like we could be friends with them. And how cool would it be to finally have an African-American president?
BUT...
Here's what he says about the abortion issue:
“Thirty-five years after the Supreme Court decided Roe v. Wade, it’s never been more important to protect a woman’s right to choose....Throughout my career, I’ve been a consistent and strong supporter of reproductive justice, and have consistently had a 100% pro-choice rating with Planned Parenthood and NARAL Pro-Choice America.”
-Senator Barack Obama
None of the rest really matters, if he won't protect the most innocent lives, instead making it all into an issue of "choice". I'm all about choice, but not when it comes to choosing to end someone else's life!
Here's a link to Senator Obama's voting record on abortion.




No comments:
Post a Comment