8.13.2008

Modesty

This morning, I read a very good transcript of a talk by Nancy Leigh DeMoss about modesty, using Scripture to help us women think about the issue more clearly.

This is a topic that comes up quite frequently in our household, both because we have girls and want to help them learn to be modest and because we have growing boys who are increasingly aware of the immodesty around them.

Much as I try to dress modestly to avoid being a stumbling block to men, I found myself being challenged as I read this article. I thought you women out there might like to read it, so here is a link to Mrs. DeMoss' talk.

I think what I like best about her article is that she doesn't try to define what types of clothing are modest. She leaves it up to us to talk to God and examine our own hearts to see if we are truly being modest.

No comments: