
When we first got married, Matt found that chair (in *much* better shape, I might add) for $2 at a garage sale down the road from our house. We put it out there on the hill overlooking the beach. It's been there ever since, enduring the long, cold winters with the harsh winds that come off Lake Superior.
Even though it's so weathered & rickety now, we don't have the heart to throw the chair out. It just seems to belong there. :)




6 comments:
I've enjoyed reading your blog this afternoon! Your beach house looks wonderful to this family of desert rats!
Lisa B. in AZ
Ambleside Online
Amy, when Sam saw the picture of the chair over my shoulder he said, "MOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!" And I realized he had been looking and loves being up there as much as we do! He was so excited just to see that little glimpse of our memories.
Heidi,
That is so cute! I know what Sam felt like when he saw that photo.
When I first downloaded the photo of the chair, it just felt like seeing the icon that represents the house up there or something... if that makes any sense! :)
Amy :)
I do remember that chair...and it has seen better days, but it is such a permanent fixture to the cottage! :)
Jenny,
Yeah, there are so many photos of that chair. Sunrise, sunset, with people in it, without people in it. And in my mind I can see you at fifteen in the chair... in fact, isn't that photo still in hanging your parents' house?
Ah, one of these years when we're up there for a visit we'll have to find another chair to replace this one! One that you can actually *sit* in!! :)
Oops... that would be "hanging in your parents' house"! I hate it when I forget to proof things before I publish them!!
Amy :)
Post a Comment