6.03.2008

Going back a few weeks ago...

A few weeks ago, our niece Jenny & her 3-year-old son Ben were in town for a week to help Mark (Matt's brother) after his knee replacement surgery. While they were in town, we had everyone--Mark, Anita, Jenny & Ben--over. It was really fun. :)


Ah, food. What gathering shouldn't involve food?



Anita loves it when Jenny is in town! She's pointing at her new grandbaby there. Can you see the bump? Jenny looks so great pregnant! :)



Jesse, Joshua, Ben & Marissa hanging out in the boys' room.

3 comments:

Ed & Dottie said...

Does Ben look as much like Josuah & Jesse as the picture makes him look? Mom

Amy :) said...

Hi Mom,

Hmmm, I guess there is a similarity there. Our kids & Ben do have a grandma/great-grandma in common, so perhaps there is some family resemblance. But I would tend to think it's mostly the photo.

I think Ben looks a lot like photos I've seen of his dad when he was that age. He has great big dimples like his mom, and his baby photos remind me of her, too.

Isn't it fun trying to guess who a child looks the most like? I think it changes, too, as they get older.

I've noticed as we've had more children that people don't compare the kids to us, looks-wise, anymore as much as they compare them to their siblings. Did you notice that with us when we were growing up?

Amy :)

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

Yeah, that's funny. When Calvin was born he looked just like my dad, then after a couple weeks...like my brother. Then around age 4-5 he started to look like Nathan and NOW he looks a lot like my F-I-L. Weird, huh?

I can't wait to see you guys!