There is so much I could put on here about our trip to Kansas, so I'm just going to approach it in a somewhat random manner. But I thought I'd give a little background first. :)
We went to Kansas to have a memorial service for Matt's brother Drew, in Bentley, their mom's hometown. While there, we enjoyed the company of many cousins: Larry & Carolyn (who we stayed with), most of their adult children, and their grandchildren. The funny thing is that Larry & Carolyn are "double cousins" of Matt, though not related to each other.
It's a little confusing, but here's the breakdown. Larry is a first cousin of Matt's mom (through her mom's side). Carolyn is a first cousin, once removed, of Matt's mom (through her dad's side). When Larry introduced us at their church, he said Matt was related to both he & Carolyn, and if anyone wanted an explanation to ask him later!
On Monday, after we did Drew's memorial service at the cemetary, we all went to their daughter's house for a huge family lunch. Bret & Anne live in the middle of many acres of family wheat fields, and they raise Angus beef, along with their three kids. :)
"Murders in the Marquee" by Dana Mentink
5 days ago




1 comment:
Sounds like a fun time of reconnecting! How nice.
Post a Comment