We're not sure if her collar with a nametag came off and someone has "adopted" her, or if something worse has happened. This week, I finally put all the cat things away in the garage. I think that was hard for Marissa. If you don't mind praying for her, as she realizes maybe Jasper isn't coming back, we would appreciate it! Thanks. :)
"Murders in the Marquee" by Dana Mentink
5 days ago




3 comments:
I'm sorry Jasper is missing. Have you thought of putting a "missing cat" notice in the pet section of your local craigslist?
I'll tell you a little story. :)
When I was about 10 my cat Natasha disappeared for weeks. I roamed the neighborhood asking if anyone had seen her, and was even suspicious of someone up the street. Then one day after I returned home from school my Mom told me the sad news that she found Natasha laying on the side of the road. She was dead. And she buried her in her Mary Kay suit. (That was always to joke, because Mom sold Mary Kay and was wearing her Mary Kay suit...and people would say "You buried the cat in your Mary Kay suit?" like she put it on the cat. haha) Anyway...Mom, wearing her Mary Kay suit, buried the cat in the back yard. I was sad and cried many tears.
One morning, about 3 weeks later, I heard Mom shriek "Roberta, come here!" I ran to where where she stood by the open sliding glass door...and there was Natasha, waiting to come in the house. She was covered in dust. The first thought was Mom buried her alive and she came back! (ewww) but the final conclusion was that Mom buried A STRAY CAT...in her Mary Kay suit.
we still laugh about that to this day.
I will pray for Marissa.
Roberta,
What a great story!! When I first read the part about your mom burying the cat in her Mary Kay suit, I thought, "what cat has a Mary Kay suit?". Funny! And how amazing that the real Natasha showed up later on! I'm sure you were SO glad. :)
I did post a lost pet ad on our local Craig's List. Seems like there are lots of black cats missing here. And lots of black & white ones found... but Jasper is all black.
Years ago, we had some friends whose cat was missing for something like 2 weeks. Then they went into their backyard shed to get something and discovered her there, having been locked up all that time. She was still alive, but very undernourished, and ended up just fine.
Anyway, I keep thinking that sometimes cats will be gone for a long time and then suddenly reappear, so perhaps that will happen. We will see... and I am not getting rid of our cat things, just in case! :)
Thanks for praying for Marissa! You are so sweet. :)
so sad to hear. :( I'm sorry to hear the news. I hope that Marissa feels better in time... She's pretty tough, and hey, if one day he shows his face, it will be an even better day!
Post a Comment