8.20.2007

A Day to Celebrate Life--Physical *and* Spiritual

Physical Life...
This morning, while still in bed, we heard a shriek from Naomi that didn't sound familiar (you know how after a while, you recognize each child's cries, shrieks, etc. as "pain", "mad at siblings", "tired", etc.?) I got out of bed to check it out, saying to Matt, "I don't think I've ever heard a shriek quite like that from her before."

She was sitting behind one of the living room chairs, holding her thumb, trying to tell me in between cries what happened. I had her come to our room, and we tried to decipher what had happened. I figured out she was saying something about her hair clip, and Matt correctly guessed that she had stuck it into an electrical outlet!! When I went back out, I saw the hair clips lying on the floor near the outlet, which I had not seen before, without my glasses on.

She got a good "zap" in her thumb, but otherwise is perfectly fine! We are VERY thankful!!

Spiritual Life...
Later, I was in the kitchen getting ready to make coffee when Jesse came bounding out in his energetic way. He looked up at me and said, "I became a Christian!!". David and Jesse had been talking in their room about spiritual matters, and David helped him understand how to ask Jesus to be his Savior!

I had Jesse come tell Matt his exciting news, and we talked enough with him to be confident that he understands what he just did. Matt explained to him about being "born again", how it's the beginning of his spiritual life, and that today is his spiritual birthday.

A *very* exciting day, one the angels are rejoicing over! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All we can say is a big WOW on both events. We are glad that Naomi is fine & that Jesse has joined our big spiritual family. Please tell them we are happy for both of them. Much Love from Dad/Grandpa & Mom/Grandma

Anonymous said...

Yeeeaaah for Jesse! That is so great. Very exciting day for you all.

I remember the day I stuck a hairpin or paperclip (not sure which maybe it zapped that part of the memory) into the wall outlet. YOWCH!!! That one was a zap for all times. Glad she was ok. Maybe Naomi will grow up to be an electrician, or one of those people in the ER who runs the defibrillator paddles.

Take care, Walls
Morgan