2.05.2006

A few photos

I have some photos I wanted to post here tonight. The outdoor photo is one David took on Friday, when when we had big, fluffy blobs of snowflakes dropping down quickly, straight down to the ground. (I mention this only because we most often get snowflakes dropping almost perfectly horizontally, in the strong winds we get!) It looked so beautiful outside! The wind picked up Friday afternoon, and we have had gusting winds roaring outside the rest of the weekend.

The other photos are also from Friday. I'd washed the carseat covers and cleaned the seats. A while after I lined them all up on the bench in the foyer, I walked past the foyer, and saw all three kids sitting in their seats. It was too cute! :) (I think they had a little help from their big sister!)

Well, it appears that the third photo I wanted to post isn't going to cooperate, so I'll have to do it later....

4 comments:

Roberta said...

Gorgeous scenery! Darling kiddos, like astronauts ready for take-off! :) I really like your green walls too, may I ask what color that is? We have lived here for 7 months now and will be bit by bit getting the walls painted.

Amy :) said...

Roberta,

I LOVE the green walls, too! For years, we just had off-white in that room, and decided it was time for some color! We also painted a chalkboard on the wall so we can write messages to visitors who come.

We actually used two shades of green, two walls in each color, both of which are Dutch Boy paint colors. The green you saw in the photo is called "Herbaceous", and the lighter shade is called "Sleepy Hollow", 2G-5. (The number on the darker one was faded on the label, so I couldn't read it.)

Our daughter Marissa went with me to Menard's to help pick out the colors. She has a real sense of what looks good, better than I do, often! :)

Maybe I'll post another photo of our foyer so you can see the whole room. :)

Roberta said...

Oh, yes! I would LOVE to see the chalkboard idea too! Just today I was looking in the Family Fun Mag. that came and they had a mural made with chalboard paint and it got me to thinking about how and where I could implement that.
We will be painting the LR a dark mossy green shade called Egyptian Nile, I'm a bit nervous, the color is deep. Oh the adventure of paint!
Fun! about your daughter. She made a good choice. :)

Roberta said...

Ummm...that's "Chalkboard" :)