11.13.2005

Happy Anniversary, Dad & Mom!!

Today is my parents’ 37th wedding anniversary! They have always been a great example to me of a loving marriage. They are each others’ best friends. When I was a kid, it made me want to be married when I grew up. I never feared getting married, as I imagine people from broken homes do, since Dad & Mom always made it seem like something fun and worth doing!

Dad & Mom met when he was in the hospital for knee surgery. Mom was his nurse, and they really liked each other. After Dad was discharged, he came back to visit someone in the hospital, and took that opportunity to ask Mom out on their first date. They hit it off right away, and got married about 6 weeks after they met!

I was born one year, one week and one day after they got married. They had three more kids in short order, with my younger sister being born when I was five years old. Those must have been BUSY years, kind of like what each of Mom & Dad's children is experiencing now with their own growing families!

I hope Dad & Mom enjoy their anniversary today and that they have MANY more to celebrate together!

(The above photo is of Dad & Mom with our kids in June, when they were last up for a visit.)

1 comment:

Roberta said...

What a treasured gift and testimony they give to you, your children and others. My parents celebrated their 37th in October. I also appreciate the stability and example.